- FULL TIME - CELTA VIGO 1-2 ATLÉTICO MADRID. Three points to start the season!
- 90+9’ Llorente appeared to have been sent off from the touchline, but fitness coach Profe Ortega is the one disciplined.
- 90+7’ Yellow card for Giménez.
- 90+4 Things are getting messy now, Hermoso and Mallo are sent off! Everyone is fighting after Suárez was tackled deep into stoppage time!
- 90’ Carrasco is booked for time-wasting after taking too long with a free-kick and the referee runs out of patience with him.
- 90’ The board is up to show seven huge minutes of added time. The 5,000 fans in attendance are roaring!
- 89’ Yellow card for Fontán, Celta have a bunch of bookings now.
- 89’ Substitution for Celta - Baeza for Galán.
- 85’ Solari is shown a yellow card.
- 81’ Substitution for Atlético - Renan Lodi for Llorente.
- 79’ Aspas again breaking forward, rounded Oblak but missed the chance to equalise. PHEW!
- 76’ Denis Suárez brings down Luis Suárez and gets booked. Celta are making this a bit scrappy.
- 74’ Substitution for Celta - Augusto Solari for Renato Tapia, Fran Beltrán for Brais Mendez.
- 71’ Aspas goes down in the box trying to get another penalty but the referee is unmoved.
ÁNGEL CORREA PICHICHI pic.twitter.com/TqzdtQ5i7m— CAMPEONES (@intothecalderon) August 15, 2021
- 65’ Substitutions for Atlético - Rodrigo De Paul for Lemar, Luis Suárez for Correa, Kieran Trippier for Koke.
- 63’ GOAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL FOR ATLÉTICO MADRID, ÁNGEL AGAIN! His right-footed shot finds the back of the net. Atlético are leading again!
- 61’ Yellow Card for Kondogbia.
- 58’ Goal for Celta Vigo! Iago Aspas scores from the spot to make it 1-1.
- 56’ Penalty for Celta Vigo! Llorente shown a yellow card for conceding a handball. He has been sloppy today.
- 54’ Galán delivers a dangerous ball from the freekick and celta appeals for a handball! The referee has asked for an on-field review.
- 51’ Celta are pushing hard for the equaliser and Atlético are allowing a huge amount of space to Mallo to pierce through the left. But the defence is still holding!
- 48’ Saúl is caught late by Hugo Mallo down the left, after the Atlético man flicked the ball past the Celta skipper, but he was in an offside position so no foul.
- 46’ WE ARE BACK UNDERWAY FOR THE SECOND HALF
HT PREVIEW— Trambak Bhattacherjee (@RMA_Tram) August 15, 2021
Atletico should have been 2-0 up, don't know what caused the mishap between Saul and Correa there but really excellent defending from Celta Vigo, they are giving everything to keep the scoreline considerable.
- Hear the man, Cholo!
Do NOT let Aspas run a counterattack lmao that was almost an equalizer— CAMPEONES (@intothecalderon) August 15, 2021
- HALF TIME - CELTA VIGO 0-1 ATLÉTICO MADRID
- Kongdogbia made nine ball retrievals in the first half. Powerful performance.
- 45’ The board is up to show three minutes of added time.
- 44’ Llorente again sloppy with the passing and his composure, he looks tired.
- 40’ Chance(s) missed! Two good opportunities in the space of a few seconds for Atletico, but both Saúl and Carrasco denied by a good defending.
- 35’ Iago Aspas sprints forward and shoots but straight into Jan Oblak’s hands. First warning sign from Vigo, you don’t want to give Aspas those chances.
- 32’ COOLING BREAK!
- 30’ Javi Galán looking to connect with Nolito every time from the left wing and that is one thing Atleti should worry about.
- Full credit to Lemar for that goal — he was down only 10 minutes ago and now he has shown a burst of pace and registered an assist.
- 22’ GOALLLLLLLLLLL FOR ATLÉTICO MADRID! An unstoppable shot from Ángel Correa. Assist for Thomas Lemar!
- 17’ Celta pressing high up the pitch and man-marking. Atlético must not lose patience.
- 13’ Lemar gets a heavy knock to his left heel. Hobbling, but he is up on his feet. Hopefully it isn’t serious.
- 10’ Thomas Lemar gets a yellow! There is our first booking of the season.
- 8’ Llorente tries to shoot, but the shot gets blocked and Atleti win the corner.
- 5’ Celta Vigo looking dangerous in their final thirds of the pitch as they are mounting together a couple of passes. Could be fatal for Atlético during the course of the match.
- 1’ KICKOFF- We are underway!
- GOATkeeper is ready!
- It’s 45 minutes until kickoff! Let me know your full time prediction in the comment section.
ATLÉTICO MADRID- OBLAK, JOSE MARIA GIMENEZ, SAVIC, CARRASCO, M. HERMOSO, SAUL, KONGDOBIA, KOKE, LEMAR, ANGEL CORREA, MARCOS LLORENTE
XI ❤️ pic.twitter.com/gJb11tdSyy— Atlético de Madrid (@Atleti) August 15, 2021
Celta Vigo- Dituro, Hugo Mallo, Araujo, Fontan, Javi Galan, Tapia, Brais Mendez, Denis Suarez, Nolito, Mina, Iago Aspas
#CeltaAtleti pic.twitter.com/WEi4uHQO0j— RC Celta (@RCCelta) August 15, 2021
Match preview and info
- If you are new to Into the Calderón, we recommend introducing yourself before commenting. Don’t worry, you’re among friends from all over the world — as a community, we pride ourselves on being welcoming. You can sign up for an SB Nation account directly from our homepage.
- Make sure you refresh the page frequently, as SB Nation has recently implemented a new commenting system, and on occasion the new comments can be slow to appear.
- Light trolling and light swearing are generally acceptable — we love a good joke, and the Atlético Madrid community is well-known for its passion. However, there are lines we simply cannot cross. It should go without saying that any racist, homophobic, misogynistic, or xenophobic language is forbidden — and you are subject to banishment if we see it.