As always, if you have any questions about what we are doing here, check out this primer.
Takeaways from week 2 in LaLiga:
- Celta Vigo remain very, very good. They are a high pressing side but are giving up chances at the other end. That’s the risk you have to take though in order to be a progressive team. They have had a particularly tough opening round to LaLiga. It doesn’t get any easier though because they play Sevilla next weekend.
- Sevilla are excellent. They have a really, really low xG against and are simply very good if not a little unlucky with lack of goals. They’ll be hoping them come sooner rather than later when things truly click.
- Real Sociedad are enjoying a massive 60% possession and while they build a lot of that on Sunday against Mallorca, they are still a very exciting team to watch this season.
- At the other end of the table, Alavés are the deepest sitting team in the league and have very little fluidity.
- Meanwhile, Espanyol’s attacking efficiency is the worst in the league and Valencia(!) have the worst defensive efficiency.
LaLiga Weekly Power Rankings