- Atlético and Sampdoria have reached an agreement on Vietto
Atlético Madrid have reportedly accepted U.C. Sampdoria’s second, improved offer of €20 million for forward Luciano Vietto. At this time, the final step is for the player and the Italian club to reach terms.
However, with additional clubs, including Monaco and Southampton, interested in the services of the player it seems he is taking his time in making a decision. Further, a move to Samp would require Vietto to take a pay cut.
Though he is still young at 23, he has struggled to find a long-term fit at this point in his career, so it is understandable that he wants to proceed thoughtfully with this next move.
- Deportivo could be temporary stop for Costa
A report from AS suggests that Deportivo de La Coruña have offered to be a temporary home for Diego Costa, who remains on the outs at Chelsea and will be looking for a return to Atlético come January.
This could be an ideal arrangement for the Brazilian if Atleti and Chelsea can reach terms for the player. A sum of about €40 million for the player has been mooted at various points during this extended transfer saga - which comes closer to Chelsea’s €50m-plus asking price.
With Vietto’s permanent departure close, Atleti may find themselves with the resources they need to finally get this one over the line. We can only hope.
- Filipe Luís remains sidelined and his availability for the Girona match on Saturday looks increasingly doubtful.
- Official date set for Wanda debut
The official league debut for Estadio Wanda Metropolitano has been confirmed. Atlético will play their first home match vs. Málaga as scheduled on Saturday, September 16.
It is possible that the official debut may be earlier that week, pending the results of the UEFA Champions League group stage draw on Thursday, August 24.
- Speaking of the Champions League, with the draw exactly one week from today, which teams would you like to see in the group and which would you like to avoid? Let us know below!