Much appreciation towards @FanRealSporting for the insight into the team.
1) What are Sporting's expectations heading into the year?
The expectations from Abelardo are not to suffer more than last season. He hopes to stay up before the last fixture.
2) How would you summarise your team’s tactics?
Sporting is a team that can adapt its kind of play. It depends on the team we are facing.
3) Who are your most influential players?
Sergio Álvarez is the brain, the player who balances the team. Without him, Sporting is weaker.
4) How has summer transfer business gone for Sporting?
It has been a summer of rumours. Most of them were only that, rumours. There have been 9 transfers. 9 players who came to our team. Moi Gómez, Lillo, Babin, Amorebieta, Victor Rodriguez, Burgui (loan), Afif (loan), Whalley, Mariño. Sporting has lost Bernardo (Boro), Luis Hernandez (Leicester). Two key players on defense. The team that was promoted in 2014-2015 barely exists (only 5-6 players remain).
5) Make one bold prediction for Sporting for the coming season.
It is more a wish than a prediction but we think we are staying up this season. But we are going to suffer until the end.